Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

Megapolis: Architectural Project Contest


Architectural Project Contest - "Building Design For the Win?"








The Architectural Project Contest timed quest began in the morning on 03/21/2014.  After doing my analysis, I have found that this timed quest is a very good investment due to the low APM values (Assets Per Max Rate) for the contracts available from the Architectural Academy.  You can also just skip the quests and build the pavilion that will give you your desired contract.  I am pretty interested in the 6 hour contract awarded by building the Relaxation Pavilion, but I'm not sure what that is quite yet. It's probably the final reward from the whole timed quest :(

For minimal effort and free assets like with the Earth Day timed quest, you get another 15 minute contract that rewards 133.33 coins/minute.  But it is also annoyingly short and I will barely be able to collect my earnings at the rate that I play.  I will break down the first 4 quests and the contract rates for you.

Quest #1: Upgrading the City
     - Visit 5 Friends
     - House 1,000 Residents

     $ Reward: Some Asset Thing x5 (use on Quest #3)











Quest #2: Architectural Academy
     - Collect Taxes 5 Times
     - Buy the Architectural Academy Foundation

     $ Reward: Concrete Slabs x5 (use on Quest #3)













Quest #3: Architectural Contest
     - Build the Architectural Academy
     - Accept the Organizing an Architectural Contest Contract

     $ Reward: Nothing substantial











Quest #4: Architectural Novelties
     - Buy an East Pavilion Foundation
     - Build an East Pavilion
     - Complete an Organizing an Architectural Contest Contract

     $ Reward: ??????












Contracts for the Architectural Academy


As you can see, the APM for all of these contracts is very low which means that investing your assets in this timed quest is a very good investment.  I don't even think you need to complete construction on these pavilions while the timed quest is active in order to gain access to these new contracts.  The most desireable contracts for me from this building are the 6 hour one and the 4 hour one.  However, I don't know what the Relaxation Pavilion is.  So I know that the APM values in RED could be much higher for a slight benefit over the 4 hour contract that requires only 85 assets.

Also, I do not yet know if any of these contracts allow neighbors to assist.  That would increase the coins/minute rate and also lower the APM rate making those contracts more profitable!










This is where I have currently stopped for this timed quest.  The East Pavilion requires 20 assets and it does not give me access to a desirable contract.  I may invest 75 assets into completing the West Pavilion which will give me the 4 hour contract.  



2 comments:

  1. Have you stopped posting? This is the best guide/series on the game I've found so far. It would be a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sdasd,

    I appreciate the comment. After realizing how much work it was to write a post about the timed quests and seeing how they were all starting to only give you a 15 minute contract without investing many more assets, I stopped covering them.

    I may post again soon about the bus questline.

    ReplyDelete