Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Megapolis: Infrastructure Buildings Nerfed 06/03/14

As of 06/03/14 in the afternoon, I noticed the following 3 structures were nerfed:

Pet Dinosaur Shop:
- Time increased from 16 hours -> 72 hours
- Pop cap increased from 9300 -> 13900
- Power usage increased from ??? -> 25
- Coins/Hour reduced from 323.4 -> 71.9
Westminster Abbey:
- Time increased from 4 hours -> 5 hours
- Coins/Hour reduced from 1581.3 -> 1265.0
Tower of Hercules:
- Time increased from 16 hours -> 18 hours
- Coins/Hour reduced from 1006.3 -> 894.4

They could have changed other structures too, but I didn't notice any that might make their debut on my list of best structures.  At least none that would fall into the range of 100+ coins/hour/square.  Here is how the updated structures rank for coins per hour per square:





As you can see, Kingkey is still the best (for now).  Pet Dinosaur Shop has now lost all viability in my opinion.  Westminster and Hercules are still so-so.





What alerted me to this is I started the app to get my daily Alice/Mike/Edward gifts and play the stock market.  I had the "low power" alert at the top of my screen which I found odd.  I hadn't built or upgraded anything new since the last time I started the app.  My Pet Dinosaur Shops were also ready, so I taxed all of those.  I tapped on one that had already been taxed on accident and saw that there were 72 hours to go before it was ready again.  WTF, 3 days?!  I thought it was a bug, so I looked it up in the shop.  Yep, major hit with the nerf-bat.  That's OK though, that building was a majorly overpowered.

Here are some screenshots for your enjoyment (forgive my ugly, yet efficient city):





2 comments:

  1. This really sucks for beginners like me (lvl 51). I don't think I even made it to the ROI period. They could have at least taken out the buildings from being constructed and left any that were already made instead of nerfing those that had already been built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway I'd be careful about building anymore Kingkeys.

    ReplyDelete